International Student Admissions

Who is considered an International Student?

Central State University welcomes students from around the world to join our multicultural community and prepare to succeed in a global society. If you are considering pursuing or continuing higher education in America, a rewarding experience awaits you at Central State University!

Consideration for admission requires the completion of the online application form. Completed applications must be submitted before the deadlines listed below. Students who are attending other schools in the United States should not withdraw until they have received a letter of acceptance.

IMPORTANT: Students with a visa status of PERM, H1-B, H-4, or DACA can apply as domestic students. You should apply as an international student if you:  

  • Are planning to become a temporary U.S. resident and study full-time toward a degree or certificate 

  • Will start at Central State as a freshman or transfer student 

  • Are not a permanent resident with a green card (Permanent residents should apply as domestic students)

  • Are not an undocumented immigrant with DACA status (DACA students should apply as domestic students) 

If you want to come and study in the U.S., we are here to help you navigate the process of applying! 

Admissions requirements

Coming soon.

How to apply?

International application deadlines 

The application form must be completed fully in English. All international students must apply as full-time students and must specify a major. Receipt of your completed application is required by the deadline dates listed below:

  • Fall Semester - May 15 (Starts in August)
  • Spring Semester - October 1 (Starts in January)

In order for you to be considered for admission to Central State University, you must follow the instructions below. As soon as the items listed below are received, you will be informed of the admission decision.  Accepted students will receive an I-20 to apply for their F-1 student visa. Students with a visa status of PERM, H1-B, H-4, or DACA can apply as domestic students.

When filling out the application, you should use your complete name and be consistent in its use. Please use the same order of your first name, middle name, and last name in all of your correspondence with Central State University offices. Any inconsistency in name order may prevent the proper processing of your application.

 Learn more about Undergraduate (campus) Admissions

Apply for Undergraduate (campus) Admission

Process to apply as an International Student

Follow these instructions to apply as an international student. We’ll contact you with our admission decision once we have received the required items below.  

If you are accepted for admission to Central State, we’ll send you an I-20 to apply for your F-1 student visa.

  • Use our online application form to apply to Central State by the deadlines noted above. You will be asked to create a university account before starting the application. 

    • You must complete the online application fully in English. 

    • You must apply for full-time study and specify your major. (General Studies is not an option that you are able to select when receiving an I-20) 

    • Use your complete name. Please use the same order — first name, middle name, last name — in all your correspondence with Central State offices.  

    Apply for Undergraduate (campus) Admission

  • When you apply, you must submit the following required documents. All official documents must be received in our office by the apply-by-deadlines outlined above. This includes documents that are sent directly to us by your school or college and by other organizations. 

    Required academic record documents  

    • Your official transcripts from all secondary schools and universities that you previously attended or currently attend. A high school transcript is a record of all the courses/subjects you have completed and the grades (marks) attained for each class during the four years of study prior to graduation from high school. See English Language Requirements below if you are already attending a school, university, or college in the U.S. and your native language is not English. 

    • An official transcript of the General Secondary School Examination administered by your country 

    • Documents showing that you satisfy our English language proficiency requirement (see English Language Requirements below) 

    Send an official copy of your international transcripts to one of the following credential evaluation agencies:  

    Use WES 

    Use ECE

    Use Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. International Education Consultants

    Request that the credential evaluation agency sends a copy of the evaluated transcripts and a copy of the credential evaluation report to: 

    Central State University
    Office of Admissions–Transcripts
    PO Box 1004
    Wilberforce, OH 45384-1004

  • You will need to submit a photo of your passport. The photo should include your full name, birth date, and passport number.

    If you have not already submitted your passport photo as part of the application, be sure to email a copy to the Office of Admissions. 

    Email Admissions

  • Detailed information regarding the submission of language proficiency documents and financial sponsorship forms can be found below. Carefully review each section and submit your language proficiency documents and financial sponsorship forms via email attachment to the Office of Admissions. 

    Email Admissions

Submitting Documents

Requirements for academic records submission

Please follow these instructions when you submit your academic records.  

  • Photocopies of original school or university documents must have the signature of that school’s registrar, and the seal must be original and separate from the photographic image.  

  • All documents not issued in English by the officials signing them must be accompanied by a notarized English translation.  

  • Your transcripts for credits that you earned outside the United States must be evaluated by a credential evaluation agency. (Transcripts for credits earned in the United States do not need to be evaluated.) If you have a non-U.S. transcript, send it for evaluation to one of these agencies:

Use WES 


Use Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. International Education Consultants

Request that the credential evaluation agency sends a copy of the evaluated transcripts and a copy of the credential evaluation report to: 

Central State University
Office of Admissions–Transcripts
PO Box 1004
Wilberforce, OH 45384-1004


English language proficiency requirements

We want every Central State student to have a successful academic career. Therefore, you have to be able to understand, speak, read, and write in English effectively. Unless your native language is English, you must satisfy Central State’s English proficiency requirement.

  • Students coming to Central State from a high school, university, or college that is not in the U.S. must pass one of the following tests and provide documentation from the testing organization:  

  • Students who are already in this country and who are attending a U.S. school, university, or college must provide the following documents: 

    • If you are coming from high school: a transcript indicating completion of 12th-grade schooling that shows you have successfully passed the 12th-grade English college prep unit. ESL courses are not accepted. If you graduated from a U.S. high school, you are required to take the ACT or SAT at least once. 

    • If you are coming from another college: a transcript indicating successful completion of one -semester term with at least 12 credit hours of college-level courses (remedial courses are not accepted). 

Financial support

Central State University cannot guarantee a scholarship or financial assistance to international students. Therefore, you must submit financial forms that show you have a sponsor who can cover all of your expenses for the entire time required to earn your degree.  

  • Your sponsor can be a relative, an organization, or a government. You can also sponsor yourself if you have the personal funds necessary to cover your expenses.

  • Estimated Academic Year Expenses

    • Estimated Tuition & Fees: $9,500.00
    • Estimated Room & Board Charges: $10,480.00
    • Estimated Health Insurance: $1,630.00    
    • Estimated Yearly Cost: $21,610.00

    The amounts above are calculated on a full-time basis for a two-semester academic year. Tuition and fees must be paid at the time of registration for courses. Room and board fees are due at the beginning of each semester. No exceptions are made for these requirements. Students must have adequate finances to cover all expenses for the entire time that is required to earn the degree. Your first month in the United States demands more financial outlay than any other single period. 

    • Travel expenses to and from the United States 

    • An additional $500 to cover the extra expenses of your first month in the U.S. 

  • As an international student, you must complete a financial sponsorship form that includes bank verification of funds. You can find the financial support forms 

    We must receive these forms before we can issue you an I-20 (the form required to obtain an F-1 student visa). 

    Submit financial forms to the Office of Admissions at or Center for International Education at 

Your health and immunization record 

If you are accepted as a student at Central State, you will need to show that you have received certain vaccinations and meet health requirements before you can move onto campus.  

Refer to the Health and Wellness website to see the full list of health and vaccine requirements.

Your I-20 

If you’re accepted for admission to Central State, we will issue you a  Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F1) Student Status.” You’ll need this form to apply for a student visa. 

If you are transferring from a school within the U.S., you can have your SEVIS record (I-20) transferred to Central State.

If more than five months have passed between enrollment periods, you will be issued a new SEVIS record (I-20) and be required to pay the I-901 fee, which varies by visa type. 


If you need help applying as an international student or would like advice about academic programs, contact us! 

Email the Center for International Education