Transfer Students


CSU offers the most affordable tuition cost of all the Ohio state universities. We purposely keep tuition costs low to better accommodate families during challenging economic times. We offer an array of top-quality academic programs in an environment that nurtures student success.

Transferring from another college or returning after several years, Central State University can guide you through the process!


• The cumulative GPA must be 2.2 or above.
• Applications from transfer students can be from two-year colleges, four-year colleges, and universities accredited by their respective regional associations.
• Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended must be submitted for admission consideration.
• Students who have been dismissed from previous institutions within the last 12 months cannot be considered for admission to Central State University.

Submit Official Transcripts
Students are required to submit official transcripts from every college or university they have previously attended. Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.2 or above on a 4.0 grading scale.

The student will need a minimum of 45 college credits hours collectively. If a minimum of 45 credit hours has not been earned, the student will be required to submit their high school transcript, and their high school GPA will be considered for admission.


Students can send their electronic transcript by an electronic transcript delivery service.

For example, Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, or E-Script.

Official Transcripts can be mailed to:
Admissions Processing Center
PO Box 540
Wilberforce OH 45384

For more information, please contact the Office of Admissions at or 937-376-6348.


Guidelines to help you know whether you meet CSU's transfer student admissions criteria:

• Courses to be transferred must be equivalent to respective CSU courses. Credits are evaluated according to the specific academic program.
• Course grades must at least be a "C" for the transfer credit to count from an out-of-state institution. Course grades must at least be a "D" for the transfer credit to count from an in-state institution. 
• Developmental courses cannot transfer (non-college level courses like elementary algebra.

Accepted Regional Accrediting Associations

• Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
• Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
• Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
• New England Commission on Higher Education (NECHE)
• Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
• Southern Association of College and Schools Commissions on College (SACS)

As a member of the University System of Ohio, Central State University offers students the ability to streamline credit transfer from the state's public institutions of higher education and from adult/secondary career-technical institutions to find the best pathways to degree completion and launch successful careers.  


Your college credit may apply to a degree in two ways:

1. General education requirements – academic courses in English and Oral Communications, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities, and Mathematics make up each institution's general education requirements, totaling 36-40 semester hours. A student with successfully completed general education courses at one Ohio public college or university listed can apply for the credit similarly toward general education requirements at any other Ohio public institution of higher education.

2. Guaranteed transfer-to-degree pathways – allows you to transfer, in simple and direct ways, a core of credits that count toward your chosen major.


Find out the credits you earned at an Ohio community college, career-technical center, or university that will transfer to Central State University.

Determine your course equivalencies, see program requirements, and request an evaluation of your transfer work if you are a student who is transferring from a private college or university and/or an out-of-state institution to Central State University.