What student type are you?
- First-year student on campus
- Transfer, readmit, and international students
- Central State Global
- College Credit Plus
- Graduate and non-degree-seeking students
First-year student on campus
Central State feels like people laughing, studying, and hanging together on the Yard. Spoken Word Club and Black-defined. Start your journey as a Marauder by applying today!
Transfer, readmit, and international students
If you are a transfer, readmit, or international student, we are ready to welcome you as a Marauder. Apply today using our new, easy application process!
Central State Global
Central State Global is a robust division of Central State University, offering online courses and programs in a variety of disciplines. Our easy application is for students interested in expanding their educations with Central State Global.
Graduate and non-degree-seeking students
Graduate and non-degree-seeking students in certificate-only programs can apply using the application below.
When to apply
You can submit your Central State application any time of year; however, to ensure your application is processed in a timely manner, be sure to submit your application at least two terms before your planned start term. We encourage all students to start in the fall, which would mean your best time frame for applying would be between October and April before the fall you plan to attend.
What types of students attend Central State?
Central State University students study on our campus in Wilberforce, Ohio, or at our satellite locations in nearby Dayton, Xenia, and Trotwood.
First-year traditional, transfer, readmitted, international, and Central State Global online students
- If you are a first-year student on campus, or a transfer, readmitted, international, or Central State Global online student, apply today using our new, easy application process, or read on if you are another type of student. Transfer students are those who plan to study for a bachelor’s degree or certificate program and have attempted coursework for credit at another college or university.
College Credit Plus, graduate, and non-degree-seeking students
- If you are interested in attending Central State University as a College Credit Plus student earning high school and college credits simultaneously, if or if you are a graduate or non-degree-seeking student interested in a certificate program, we welcome you to apply using our global online application.
How to apply: The admissions process
The basic steps to apply are the same for most students. Once you have applied, we will review your application by considering your academic achievements, school activities, and personal qualities — including your motivation to learn. You can expect to receive a decision through email four to 10 weeks after you submit your complete application.
Advance your life
Are you transferring from another college or university or are you an international student? Apply today at https://applynow.centralstate.edu/apply/.
Opportunity for all
As Ohio's only public HBCU and 1890 Land-Grant Institution, Central State welcomes all students who want to further their education and contribute to the University community. Our doors are open to applicants of any age, ancestry, race, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, marital or family status, military status, national origin, political beliefs, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.