Transfer Students

Who is considered a Transfer Student?

You may apply as a transfer student if you meet the following:  

  • Have attempted coursework for credit at another two- or four-year college or university 
  • Were pursuing a bachelor’s degree or certificate program 

  • Have not been dismissed from a previous institution within the last 12 months 

Transfer admissions requirements

Here's what you need to be admitted as a transfer student: 

  • A cumulative GPA of 2.2 or above on a 4.0 grading scale  

  • Official transcripts from all colleges or universities you attended  

  • Your completed Central State application form 

Central State University operates on a semester basis, so you can apply to start in the fall, spring, or summer semesters. 

Learn how to apply

Apply for Undergraduate (campus) Admission

Submitting your documents

You must submit official transcripts to the Office of Admissions from all other institutions you’ve attended as part of the Central State University Application. Each of your official transcripts must come in a sealed envelope directly from the institution you attended or through one of the transcript services identified below. 

Where to submit your documents? 

You will need to have all official transcripts sent from each institution previously attended to our office via one of the following methods: 

Email Admissions 

Submit through Parchment 

Submit through National Student Clearinghouse

Email your Recruitment Specialist 

Email your Admissions Processor

Transfer credit requirements

How do you know you meet Central State's transfer credit criteria?

We look at the courses that you have taken, your past to current grades, and what is the accreditation status of your current and past colleges or universities attended. Institutions you’ve attended must be accredited by a recognized regional accrediting agency

  • Note: For students with less than 12 credit hours attempted, we will need you to submit your Official High School Transcript with a minimum GPA of 2.2 or better for admittance.

Credits you can transfer

  • We only accept transfer credits for courses that are equivalent to their respective CSU courses, based on your specific academic program. 

  • Course grades must be at least a "C” to be accepted for transfer.

Questions about transfer credit? 

For more information about transferring credits to Central State University, visit the Office of the Registrar

If you have questions or need advice about transferable credit contact the Office of the Registrar. 

Email the Registrar