Students can submit their FAFSA earlier – starting October 1.
Central State University School Code: 003026
Go to studentaid.gov
If using the myStudentAid App - Download in the Apple App Store (iOS) or Google Play store (for Android)
myStudentAid Mobile App
• Offers a customized experience based on your role as (student, parent, or preparer). The app gives guidance on how to complete the FAFSA questions presented.
• Offers a secure experience with the same protections as completing the FAFSA form through studentaid.gov.
• Provides easy access and review of your Student Aid Report for completed applications.
Overview of the Process
The application will require income information from tax information two years prior. For example, for completing 2021-2022 FAFSA, students and families will provide income information from the 2019 tax form.
Most aid applicants and their parents will be able to use the FAFSA/IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to automatically view and transfer required tax return information directly from the IRS onto their FAFSA. Using the DRT increases the accuracy of information used to determine aid amounts and can eliminate the burden of providing tax return transcripts or 1040 tax documents to your school for verification of income information.
Students and their families are strongly encourage to always use the IRS DRT to transfer information completed tax information directly onto the FAFSA.
More time to complete verification, if selected:
Some students will be randomly selected for verification. Getting the FAFSA completed earlier means that students can find out earlier if they were selected for verification. This gives them more time to gather the necessary documents to complete the verification process.
• Apply for a FSA ID, (if you have not already done so), before filing your FAFSA. The FSA ID, a username and password, must be used to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education websites (studentaid.gov) Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and when you electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. If you do not already have an FSA ID, you can create one at studentaid.gov. If you are a dependent student your parent will also need to apply for a FSA ID.
• The Student Aid Report (SAR): Once you file your FAFSA, the U.S. Department of Education's Central Processing System will process the application and send you a Student Aid Report (SAR). The SAR is not an Award Notice. The Student Aid Report contains a summary of the information you provided on the FAFSA. It also tells you whether or not you may be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant.
• Check all of the information on your SAR carefully; if you need to, you can correct your FAFSA. The SAR information will be sent to every school you listed on the FAFSA. Schools use the SAR information to determine your federal student aid eligibility. The FAFSA IRS Data Retrieval Tool will allow you to transfer your tax information directly from the IRS to the FAFSA. The IRS Data Retrieval Tool can be used at the time you file your FAFSA or after you have filed your FAFSA, as a FAFSA correction.
• File your FAFSA as early as possible. Completing early allows students to be considered for the most financial aid. Some aid programs are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis, and have limited funds.
Apply as soon as possible after October 1 of each year.
Central State University’s priority filing deadline for the FAFSA is December 1.