Central State University
The Hallie Q. Brown Memorial Library: Instruction
The goal of the BI program is to help all library users become more effective information seekers so they may be able to locate, evaluate, and use information effectively.
Introduction to library services, policies, and the library’s collections.
Types of Instruction
We provide information on how to use the library for research, including:
Help your students produce quality research papers by using the H. Q. Brown library resources. To schedule a session, contact the reference department by email (email@example.com) or by phone at (937) 376-6454. Please contact us at least one week in advance of your desired visit to allow librarians some time to prepare for your session. Sessions will be held in the library or a location of your choice.
Information Literacy Research Room
The Information Literacy Research Room is located on the first floor of the library behind the Reference Collection in room (103). Requests for library instruction in the room or to reserve the room for non-library instruction use may be done by contacting Carolin Sterling by phone (937) 376-6396 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The space is not an academic classroom, and scheduling priority for the Information Literacy Research Room is given to library instruction and workshops.
Faculty may reserve the Information Literacy Research Room to use under the following guidelines:
● Scheduling priority is given to the library’s instruction program, after which the space is available on a first come first served basis. Non-library reservations are subject to cancellation. We ask for your understanding if your reservation must be moved to accommodate a library instruction session.
● Please provide at least two weeks notice for requests. A confirmation email will be sent to you once the reservation is added to the calendar. Contact me with any reservation changes or cancellations.
● Make sure the computers and One Screen monitor are shutdown after use.
Please contact Carolin Sterling (937) 376-6396 if you have questions.
● OneScreen Monitor
● 30 HP Desktop Computers
● Software: Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Zotero
● Printing is available using a MyCSU 9 digit ID and password
● Printer is located in the Reference area