The Summer Banking Institute (SBI) intends to enhance workforce diversity and inclusion in the U.S. financial industry.
Central State SBI is the training partner for banks, credit unions, and other financial institutions. The SBI is dedicated to providing professional administered banker education and training that continually meets the educational needs of the bank, credit union, and other employees in the financial services industry through our internship program.
SBI delivers education and training in today’s relevant topics, including money and banking; bank accounting and bank financial management; credit and lending; retail banking and teller operations; and mortgage banking. SBI offers results-oriented training with immediate on-the-job relevance. SBI training instructors and professional bankers have college degrees, certifications in banking, and/or work experience in the subject matter taught, making them a valuable resource for our students.
Selection: We only select students committed to making a career in the banking or financial industry. This is a very competitive program, and we only welcome highly motivated students. All Majors are welcome to apply.
Students are selected during the fall semester and are called for an interview at the beginning of the spring semester. The final selected students will have a one-week orientation before the training begins.
Training starts in early May, and students are obliged to stay with the program for 12-WEEKS. After the four-week training, students or participants will be placed in their various banks for eight weeks of paid internship.
–– Upon successful completion of the training and internship, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
• The program has grown from 10 participants in 2017 to 34 participants in 2020 and is expected to grow perpetually.
• The SBI program has received financial and technical support from institutions from Union Savings Bank, Guardian Savings Bank, First Financial Bank, Federal Home Loan Bank, LCNB National Bank, First National Bank of Lebanon, The Park National Bank of Southwest Ohio & Northern Kentucky, 1st National Bank, Peoples Bank, and Monroe Federal.
• Previous SBI participants have accepted full-time positions within the financial industry with institutions such as Union Savings Bank, Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, and Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
–– All students will be housed on campus for the entire duration of the program and have their room and board fully paid. (TBD). Any student interested in this program must complete the online application below.
1. Applicant must be a Central State University student, in good standing, maintaining at least a 2.50 grade point average.
2. All applicants must be available for the full 12-week program. The final schedule is to be determined.
3. Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or eligible to work in the U.S.
4. Graduating and graduated seniors are eligible to apply.
5. Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and CC firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org (You will receive a confirmation email of receipt, if not, please stop by our office in Charles S. Smith Hall College of Business, Room 215).
6. Please have your letter of recommendation sent directly to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Complete and pass a background check.
8. Agree to sign a contract accepting the program’s contractual terms and conditions upon selection/acceptance of the program.
FULL DAILY ATTENDANCE, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. IS MANDATORY THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE PROGRAM
All applicants must be available for the full 12-week program. Final schedule to be determined.
SUMMER BANKING INSTITUTE APPLICATION