The Center for International Education (CIE) knows that a strong global perspective is critical to a complete, well-rounded undergraduate experience. The Center is committed to ensuring that Central State University students graduate with the skills that will enable them to participate fully in an increasingly globalized and interdependent world. To achieve that, the Center initiates, coordinates, plans, and implements different types of study-abroad programs and experiences.
The mission of the CIE is to serve Central State University students by providing them with the needed skills, knowledge, and experiences to prepare them for a competitive world.
Role of the Center for International Education
- The Center provides a wide range of study-abroad opportunities to Marauders.
- The Center collaborates with faculty members to develop faculty-led programs that enable students to travel abroad to expand their multicultural skills and knowledge.
- The Center provides Student and Exchange Visitor Program services to international students. This includes the issuance of I-20s, work on campus, internship authorizations in the form of Optional Practical Training (OPT), and Curricular Practical Training (CPT).
- The Center works with Fulbright and the Institute of International Education (IIE) to bring Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistants (FLTAs) to teach foreign languages on campus.
All Central State students are encouraged to study abroad. Studying abroad is an enriching, life-changing experience. Spending time outside of the U.S. opens a window to a world of opportunity for deepening students’ understanding and knowledge of political, international, economic, and global issues.
Apart from academic enhancement and personal growth, students who have studied abroad possess skills that are valued in today’s competitive workplace — a global perspective, second-language acquisition, cross-cultural communication, and adaptability to new environments.
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program
- Boren Awards for International Study
- The CIEE-International Study Programs Scholarship
- Diversity Abroad.com Scholarships
- Fund for Education Abroad (FEA)
- International Scholarships.com
The Center is located in Wesley Hall Room 314.