Office of Career Services
The Office of Career Services at Central State University (CSU) serves as a resource to help students evaluate their career options, plan for their future, and achieve success. As a unit within Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, the Office of Career Services acts as a bridge to opportunities beyond the University. The Office of Career Services provides more than just assistance to help a student decide on a major or what job they will secure upon graduation, but it functions as a support system to guide students on how to strategically plan their career path through the use of counseling, self-assessment tools, and other comprehensive resources.
- Resume and Cover Letter Review: Get help from our career specialists creating and reviewing your resumes, cover letters, and graduate school personal statements. Schedule an appointment.
- Mock Interviews: Sharpen your interview skills and get rid of the pre-interview jitters with a mock interview with a career specialist, and receive provide feedback on strengths and weaknesses and helpful interview tips. Schedule an appointment.
- Career exploration: Meet with a career specialist to explore career options for your major and/or search for internships and jobs. Schedule an appointment.
- Career and Internship Fairs: Be in the space with 80+ employers interested in finding our most talented students at our Fall and Spring fairs.
- Handshake: CSU’s premier site for searching for internships, part-time, and full-time employment opportunities. You can also schedule appointments with Career Services, and register for on-campus career and internship fairs and events sponsored by the Office of Career Services.
- Professional Development Workshops and Information Sessions: Experiential learning opportunities and programming presented by career services and employers.
- Career Assessment – Take the career assessments to help you explore majors and career paths, and determine which career directions might prove rewarding for you as an individual: https://www.mynextmove.org/
- Choosing or changing your major: A career specialist can assist in making a well-informed decision about a major.
The mission of the Office of Career Services is to assist current CSU students to identify and fulfill their career goals. We serve students from the point of their admission throughout their matriculation at the institution. It is our intent to help them understand who they are as developing professionals and how they connect their academic and real-world knowledge and skills to their careers.