International Programs

International students at Central State University

Central State University is pleased to host students who represent a number of nations. We applaud these students for their courage and scholarship!

Who is an international student

Central State University welcomes students from around the world to join our multicultural community and prepare to succeed in a global society. If you are considering pursuing or continuing higher education in America, a rewarding experience awaits you at Central State University!

Consideration for admission requires the completion of the online application form. Completed applications must be submitted before the deadlines listed below. Students who are attending other schools in the United States should not withdraw until they have received a letter of acceptance.

IMPORTANT: Students with a visa status of PERM, H1-B, H-4, or DACA can apply as domestic students. You should apply as an international student if you:  

  • Are planning to become a temporary U.S. resident and study full-time toward a degree or certificate 
  • Will start at Central State as a freshman or transfer student 
  • Are not a permanent resident with a green card (permanent residents should apply as domestic students)
  • Are not an undocumented immigrant with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status (DACA students should apply as domestic students) 

If you want to come and study in the U.S., we are here to help you navigate the process of applying!

International applications

Financing on-campus study for international students

Scholarships and employment as an international student

Additional international student resources

Helpful resources for international students on campus

Enrolled international students should review the International Student Handbook to become familiar with essential functions of and meaningful opportunities for life on campus in the United States. You can also learn about more resources to keep you connected to both campus and home.

  • Most cellular carriers within the United States can read both Global System for Mobile communication (GSM) and Code-Division Multiple Access (CDMA) technology. To obtain a United States telephone number, ensure your cellular telephone is unlocked and compatible with the carriers in the U.S. Sim cards for cellular use within the U.S. are available in Wesley 314. Packages for service may be purchased by credit card, PayPal, or Venmo.

  • Greene County offers public transportation options through the Greene Cats service. Information regarding transportation lines and schedules and scheduled transportation through Greene Cats is accessible here.

Fulbright program at Central State University