Housing Lottery and Selection

Continuing students

Housing lottery and selection times are approaching soon. Below are frequently asked questions you will need to know to help prepare you for your appointed time.

  • The housing lottery is a room selection process that allows returning students to self-select their residential space for an academic year. Current residential students will be entered into the housing lottery and given a room selection time based on the order in which their housing application and confirmation fee was received.

  • Current residential students who have registered for 12 or more credit hours for the fall 2024 term, completed the 2024-25 Continuing Student Housing Application through their housing portal, and paid their $100 housing confirmation fee as eligible to participate in the housing lottery.

  • Current residential students were able to visit their housing portal starting March 18, 2024, to complete the housing application.

  • Current residential students can pay their $100 housing confirmation fee via electronic payment through the Student Housing Portal when completing the housing application.

  • Yes, all continuing students are required to pay the $100 housing confirmation fee. This includes all scholarship recipients, international, online, and athletes who desire to live on campus. This charge cannot be covered by University scholarships nor posted to your account. The fee must be paid at time in which you complete the housing application. 

    Note: The housing confirmation fee will increase to $200 starting May 1 for students who have not completed the application and/or paid the $100 confirmation fee.

  • No, students will simply need to complete the fall 2024 Returning Student Housing Application through their housing portal, pay their $100 confirmation fee, and ensure that they are registered with 12 or more credit hours for the fall term to be entered into the housing lottery.

  • Yes. Students who are not enrollment cleared by 5 p.m. Monday, July 8, 2024, will be purged from University housing and will need to start the room selection process over once they have successfully become enrollment cleared. Holding spacing once a student has been purged will not be honored. The student will need to reselect a room assignment based on the available room list once cleared. 

  • Housing lottery numbers are generated by 6 p.m. EST on the following dates. 

    Beginning Monday, April 10th  your  Housing Lottery Number will be Distributed and all numbers will be generated by 6:00pm EST

    Selection Times by Lottery Numbers:

    0-100: April 20

    101-200: April 24 

    201-300: April 27

    301-400: April 30

    401-500: May 4

    501-600: May 7

    601 and up: Every Tuesday starting May 28

  • No, students will simply need to complete the fall 2024 Returning Student Housing Application through their housing portal, pay their $100 housing confirmation fee, and ensure that they are registered with 12 or more credit hours for the fall term to be entered into the housing lottery. Students who are not enrollment cleared by 5 p.m. Monday, July 8, 2024, will be purged from University housing, will forfeit the roommate request selection, and will need to start the room selection process over once they successfully become enrollment cleared.

    Note: When selecting rooms as roommates, you must complete the roommate selection process first. In addition, the housing system will only offer rooms according to the hall type and residential criteria, e.g., roommates attempting to reside together in the Honors halls must have a 3.5 cumulative GPA for the system to offer a corresponding room assignment.

  • Weekly. The Office of Residence Life will distribute housing lottery numbers every Monday through July 1, 2024.

  • Lottery numbers and housing selections times are in your Student Housing Portal under the My Future Housing Assignment section of the homepage in red.

  • You can choose your roommate/suitemates at your designated selection time. Remember, everyone must complete the housing application process to participate. Once you and your roommate agree to live together, you should decide where you will want to live and who will choose during the housing lottery selection during your appointed time.

  • Students who desire apartment-style housing must have completed a minimum of 50 earned credit hours and be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours this semester. At the end of the spring term, residents must have 60 or more completed credit hours to keep their residential selection in apartment style housing (Marauder Pride Community). Students who desire the Wesley Village Honors Apartments must meet the same criteria as listed for MPC but must also be members of the University Honors College and/or maintain at 3.5 GPA or higher. Students who desire to reside in Shorter Road Apartments must be considered a graduate student or a non-traditional student and at least 23 years old. 

  • Move-in dates are Aug. 9 and 10 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

  • Please refer to the 2024-2025 Current Students Housing Lottery Process document for details about the residential layout for the 2024-25 academic. 

New and transfer students

  • The housing application opened at 12 a.m. March 20, 2024, in the Student Housing Portal.

  • You will need your student email login information, personal preference information, and emergency contact details.

  • Once you have completed the admissions process and paid your student confirmation fees within 48 hours, you will be able to access the Student Housing Portal.

  • Follow this process to complete your housing application. 

    1. Visit the Student Housing Portal
    2. Click on the three-lined navigation tab.
    3. Click on Application and Forms.
    4. Choose the Fall 2024 — New Student Housing Application.
    5. Take time to read through and agree to the housing contract terms and conditions. Then, click I Agree and provide an electronic signature at the bottom of the page. 
    6. Complete Personal Preferences. A key entry is required for all questions. (Leave no blank spaces. If the section does not apply, type N/A or No.)
    7. Select your Student Dining Plan.
    8. Submit your application and close your browser. 
  • Yes, you will have the option to request a specific roommate during the housing application process. Both you and your desired roommate must indicate each other's names during the room assignment process during your SOAR (Student, Orientation, Advising, and Registration) visit to be considered.

  • If you have accommodation needs for medical reasons and/or disabilities, or if you require an emotional support animal, contact the Office of Academic Empowerment and Accessibility at 937-376-6479 or ljefferson@centralstate.edu as soon as possible to discuss your needs and the requirements associated with your request. Note that all requests must be made prior to June 1 for consideration for the fall semester. 

  • Housing assignments are determined based on various factors, including availability, preferences, and accommodation needs.

  • New first-time students will be assigned their rooms at the time in which they attend a SOAR session. Housing assignments will also be communicated through the Student Housing Portal. Please ensure you are regularly checking your University email for updates.

  • If you encounter any issues or have questions regarding the housing application process, please contact the Office of Residence Life at residencelife@centralstate.edu or 937-376-6107. Our staff members are here to support you throughout the process.

  • Yes, all students living on campus are required to register with Med+Proctor and submit immunization records. This is mandatory to live on campus.

    Note: Central State University and the Office of Residence Life cannot receive these form directly, as they must be uploaded to the Med+Proctor site. 


    To register with Med+Proctor, please complete the following steps:

    1. Register your new account in M+P by using your school email only.
    2. Complete your M+P profile. The M+ Pro account is optional for a $10 fee. The option to decline is found when you scroll down.
    3. You will need a copy of all your immunizations (shots) to upload for the verification process.
    4. If you are an out-of-state student, Ohio may require more vaccines than your state does, including the meningitis A booster after age 16.
    5. Upload images of your shot records or signed immunization certificate into your M+P account for verification that you have received all your mandated Ohio immunizations.   

    We encourage you to submit your information as soon as possible.  It takes 3-5 business days to be verified. The later you wait, the longer it may take. You cannot move in without being M+P verified.

    If you have difficulty using M+P, you may contact them by:

    • Using the chat feature on the lower right side of the screen (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST Monday-Friday).
    • Emailing help@medproctor.com.

    CSU required vaccines are:

    •      Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR)  two doses, at least one year apart
    •      Meningococcal vaccine — Ohio requires one at or after age 16
    •      Hepatitis B — three doses
    •      Polio — three doses or positive titer
    •      Varicella (chickenpox) — two doses
    •      Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (Tdap) — within the past 10 years
    •      TB test for international students only
    •      COVID-19 and flu vaccines are recommended

    Contact Health Services at studenthealthcenter@centralstate.edu or 937-376-6134 with any questions.

  • The first day of classes for the fall 2024 semester is Monday, Aug. 12.

    Move-in days for new and transfer students are Aug. 6-7. Move-in days for upperclassmen are Aug. 9-10.

    Specific move-in information is still being finalized. Students are encouraged to continue to monitor their University email along with the University website for updates.  

    To ensure residential readiness, early move-in requests will not be granted. Unless you have received express written instruction from the University to move in early (such as approved student-athletes, band, and Pirate Ambassadors), you must move in during the scheduled appointment times.

    Each student will be permitted to bring only two people into the residence hall to assist with their move-in process. This is to ensure the health and safety of all community members and guests.

  • Thanksgiving break: Residence halls will close at 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 22, and reopen at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2.

    End of semester: 6 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6.

    • Two students per bedroom in Anderson, Green, Foundation Hall, and Foundation Hall II
    • Two students per double-occupancy room Harry Johns and Fox Hall
    • Two students per studio in Marauder Pride Community Apartments
    • One student per room in single occupancy rooms in Harry Johns, Fox Hall, and Williamson Hall
    • One student per room/studio in Wesley Village Honors Apartments
    • One student per room in a two-, three-, or four-bedroom unit in Marauder Pride Community, Shorter Road Apartments, or Wesley Village Honors Apartments
  • Once a resident has made a room selection through the self-service portal and/or have been administratively assigned, that assignment is final. Students who desire a space change may submit a request starting the third week of the fall semester.

  • Your Name
    Your Residence Hall-Room Number
    Central State University
    1400 Brush Row Road
    Wilberforce, OH 45384

    Any variation from this format will delay your mail.

  • Students should pick up all packages from the University Logistics Center located in Simpson Hall. Letter mail is delivered to the Office of Residence Life, and students will receive an email notice when mail is ready for pick-up. Students must have their Marauder Student ID card when picking up mail or packages from Shipping and Receiving.

  • Your mattress pad and bedding should be size Twin XL.

  • Yes. You will need to bring a cable cord and a CAT 5 ethernet cord. Remember to also bring a surge protector.

  • All students are assigned Marauder Student ID cards that will allow them entrance into the hall in which they are assigned. The Marauder student ID card will also give access to campus dining facilities. Each student assigned to a residence hall will have a key assigned to them at check in. Cost to replace room key: $50-$100 per key. Cost to replace ID card: $25.

  • Yes. The refrigerator should be no larger than 4 cubic feet and the microwave should be no larger than 900 watts. Remember to bring a surge protector.

    • Twin XL bed
    • Dresser
    • Wardrobe/closet space
    • Desk and chair
  • All students are given a University email account, which can be accessed through Microsoft Outlook. Students are encouraged to check this account daily, as this is the University's official method of communication. The student email portal will allow you to receive important University information and email your classmates and professors.

  • No. Students should are encouraged to obtain renters insurance or have their parents/guardians look into their insurance policy for coverage. The University is not responsible for personal property.

  • There are several dining locations on campus.

    • Sodexo Marketplace
    • WOW Café
    • WOW Grocery Store
    • Sub Connection

    Note: Marauder Student ID cards are required for entry into all dining facilities.

  • All residential students are required to have a meal plan. Reduced meal plans are offered to students residing in apartment-style housing only. Students with special dietary needs must consult with Sodexo directly to discuss alternatives.

    • Foundation Hall I: Freshmen, co-ed, double occupancy, general residential criteria.
    • Williamson Hall: Female freshmen, single-room occupancy, general residential criteria.
    • Hunter Hall: Male freshmen, double-occupancy with limited single rooms, general residential criteria.
    • Lt. John R. Fox Hall: Upperclassmen, co-ed, single-room or double occupancy, GPA of 3.5 or higher and must be a member of the Honors College.
    • Green Hall: Transfer, co-ed, double occupancy with limited single rooms, general residential criteria.
    • Anderson Hall: Upperclassmen, co-ed, double occupancy with limited single rooms, general residential criteria.
    • Foundation Hall: Upperclassmen, co-ed, double occupancy with limited single rooms, general residential criteria.
    • Harry Johns Hall: Freshmen, co-ed, double and single-room occupancy, GPA of 3.5 or higher and must be a member of the Honors College.
    • Wesley Village Honors Apartments: Upperclassmen (juniors and seniors with 60 or more credit hours), co-ed, studio singles and two-bedroom units, GPA of 3.5 or higher, must be a member of the Honors College.
    • Marauder Pride Community Apartments: Upperclassmen (juniors and seniors with 60 or more credit hours), co-ed, studio doubles, two- and four-bedroom units.
    • Shorter Road Apartments: Non-traditional or graduate students and age 23 or older, co-ed, three-bedroom units.