Non-Degree Seeking Student Types

Post-Secondary Enrollment Options Program (PSEOP) - Contact the Office of Admissions

If you have not yet completed high school, but wish to take University courses during the fall and spring semesters, CSU offers the following enrollment option program:

  • Option (A) - Students enroll in courses to receive college credit, and the student’s family is responsible for all costs. This option is available all academic terms.
  • Option (B) - Students enroll in courses to receive both college credit and high school credit, and the local school district is responsible for the cost of tuition and books. This option is available fall and spring semesters.
  • You must complete an admissions application and complete all high school and university PSEOP forms (click here)
  • A high school transcript must be submitted to complete your application process.
  • If you are applying to attend in the fall semester, you must apply by March 1. If you are applying for the spring semester, you must apply by October 15.

- Contact the Office of Admissions

If you attend another college or university outside Ohio/SOCHE and you are in good academic standing (minimum GPA requirement is 2.0) you may enroll at CSU under the transient status. The following must be done to complete your admission process:

  • Please complete an admission application.
  • Written permission is required from your home institution for the course in which you plan to enroll.
  • If you are currently on dismissal from your home institution, you will not be permitted to attend CSU as a transient student.
  • If you attend CSU as a guest student and then decide to transfer permanently, follow the application procedures described in the “Undergraduate Transfer” section .
  • You will be subject to University admission policies.
  • Transfer admission is not guaranteed to those who attended under transient student status.
  • Credits earned with a grade of “C” or better will be accepted as transfer credit.
  • If you are admitted to another institution as a transient student, you will not be charged an admission fee.


Consortium - Contact the Office of Admissions

You are classified as a consortium student when you choose to attend another college or university that is a member of the Southwestern Ohio Council for Higher Education (SOCHE) Cross Registration Program. You may register for courses that are applicable to your degree or certification program offered by other SOCHE institutions.

  • Applicants must: Complete an admission application and submit a consortium form from home institution.