How to Apply for Transfer

1. Apply Online. Once your transcripts are received, the Office of Admissions is able to make an admissions decision.  You may log back in to see your status. View Status.


2. Submit Your Official Transcripts

Transcripts are required for EVERY institution you have attended previously.  An admission decision cannot be made if all official transcripts are not received.

Additionally, if you have not completed 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours, you must submit your final high school transcript.

Electronic Transcripts

Students attending public universities in Ohio should be advised that transcripts will be sent electronically from the institution's registrar.


Hard Copies

Hard copies of your official transcripts (sealed envelope with the raised seal on the document) from all other institutions attended must be submitted to the Office of Admissions:

Admissions Processing Center
PO Box 547
Wilberforce OH 45384


The Office of the Registrar will evaluate overall  transfer credit for acceptance by the University.

Your academic department will evaluate credits for their applicability to program and degree requirements.

Central State University accepts transfer credit from colleges and universities accredited by regional accrediting associations. The registrar will determine whether the university accepts credit from other universities. Under state law, the university is required to accept grades of D or better for transfer credit from state assisted colleges and universities in Ohio. (Credits from “D” grade courses will count towards the 124 credits required for graduation. However, the student may still need to repeat the class if Central State requires a “C” grade in the course.) Grades of C or better are generally acceptable from out-of-state schools. Department chairs will determine whether credits accepted by Central State may be used to satisfy major requirements. Grades of “S”, “pass” and “credit” are considered for transfer credit.