CSU offers the most affordable tuition cost of all of the Ohio state universities. We purposely keep tuition cost low to better accommodate families during challenging economic times. We offer an array of top quality academic programs in an environment that nurtures student success. Class sizes average 16-1 student-to-faculty ratio. Students are not just a number! University College offers support services, counseling, tutoring and an early-alert system which monitors student progress in classes to promote student success. CSU believes student life is an important part of the college experience and encourages students to join one or more of the 34 student organizations. A state-of- the-art student centers opens fall 2015, which offers additional computer labs, Wi-Fi access, bookstore, amphitheater, sports café, food court, Black Box Theatre, convenience store, and social lounges.
Transferring from another college or returning after several years, Central State University can guide you through the process!
The best way to experience CSU is to visit us. Schedule an individual visit or join us for one for our open houses or other special visitation days.
The $30.00 application fee is currently being waived until December 1, 2014.
Next Steps to Becoming a Marauder!
For more information please contact Angela Owens Coordinator for Transfer Students at email@example.com or phone 937-376-6348.
Transfer students each year choose to continue their college education at Central State University. The admissions process is designed to meet your unique needs as a transfer student, making your transition to CSU seamless. Transfer Thursday’s are uniquely designed days for prospective transfer students to speak with an Enrollment Specialist, Academic Advisor, Residence Life, Financial Aid and the tour campus.
Evaluation of Transfer Students
Guidelines to help you know whether you meet CSU’s transfer student admissions criteria:
- Applications from transfer students can be from two-year colleges, four-year colleges, and universities accredited by their respective regional association.
- The cumulative GPA must be 2.0 or above.
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended must be submitted for admission consideration.
- College course credits obtained within the last 10 years are not accepted automatically and will be at the discretion of the appropriate department.
- Courses to be transferred must be equivalent to respective CSU courses. Credits are evaluated according the specific academic program.
- Course grades must at least be a “C” in order for the transfer credit to count.
Students who have been dismissed from previous institutions within the last 12 months cannot be considered for admission to Central State University.
As a member of the University System of Ohio, Central State University offers students the ability to streamline credit transfer from state's public institutions of higher education and from adult/secondary career-technical institutions to find the best pathways to degree completion and launch successful careers.
Your college credit may apply to a degree in two ways:
1. General education requirements – academic courses in English and Oral Communications, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities, and Mathematics make up each institution's general education requirements, totaling 36-40 semester hours. A student with successfully completed general education courses at one Ohio public college or university listed can apply the credit similarly toward general education requirements at any other Ohio public institution of higher education.
2. Guaranteed transfer-to-degree pathways – allows you to transfer, in simple and direct ways, a core of credits that count toward your chosen major.
College Transfers – Privates and Out-of State
Determine your course equivalencies, see program requirements and request an evaluation of your transfer work if you are a students who is transferring from a private college or university and/or an out-of-state institution to Central State University.