Special Circumstances for Financial Aid

The Higher Education Act and associated federal regulations gives the Office of Financial Aid the authority to make adjustments to an individual student’s federal aid application based on special circumstances within the household.  The Central State University Student Financial Aid Office will review and, when appropriate, make adjustments to a student’s institutional, state and federal aid when a student, spouse, or parent have demonstrated a decrease in income. A student must have filed a FAFSA for the year in which they seek review of their aid before submitting an appeal.

Examples in which someone can seek to appeal their financial aid include, but are not limited to: