Each year a portion of students' financial aid applications nationwide are chosen for random "verification": a process of confirming certain information supplied by you and/or your parents on the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Some students are selected for verification by the US Department of Education, while the institution could select other students. Students must submit the required documentation and be verified before receiving a financial aid award.
NEW: Starting with the 2015-2016 academic year, the Financial Aid Office is moving the verification process to an online site designed to guide students and families in completing the requirements electronically.
IMPORTANT: As a first-time user of this site, students will need to click create account and establish an account using their preferred email (required for email notifications regarding documents) and cell phone number (optional for text alerts regarding documents).
Common Documents that must be submitted for Verification
The verification process can be different for each student. Common documents that must be supplied for verification include:
- A copy of student‘s Federal 1040 tax transcripts, if filed, for the preceding year
- A copy of parent’s Federal 1040 tax transcripts, if filed, for the preceding year (Not required for independent students)
- Verification Worksheet- Avaliable online
- Verification of SNAP(Food Stamps) benefits recieved (If applicable)
- Verification of Child support paid (If applicable)
What Can I Do to Improve My Chances of Not Being Selected for Verification?
- Complete the IRS Data Retrieval
- List the correct Social Security Number and Driver’s License Number
- Enter the correct federal income tax paid for preceding year
- List your correct adjusted gross income, this is not equal to your total income
- List your and your parents marital status correctly
- Make sure you list Central State as a college you would like to have your FAFSA sent
- Do not leave tax fields blank
- Make sure you and your parent (if dependent) sign the FAFSA using your pin number
2015-2016 Forms can only be completed online.
Please login to MYCSU to access the verification site.
Special Circumstances Form 2015-2016
2014-2015 Dependent Student V1 Verification
2014-2015 Independent Student V1 Verification Worksheet
2014-2015 Dependent Student V3 Child Support Verification
2014-2015 Independent Student V3 Child Support Verification
2014-2015 Dependent Student V4 Custom Verification
2014-2015 Independent Student V4 Custom Verification
2014-2015 Dependent Student V5 Aggregate Verification
2014-2015 Independent Student V5 Aggregate Verification
2014-2015 Dependent Student V6 Household Resources Verification
2014-2015 Independent Student V6 Household Resource Verification
2014-2015 Ward of the court, Foster Care, Legal Guardianship, Orphan Verification
2014-2015 Low Income Form
Central State University Next Steps 1415