Employee Suggestion Program
THE CSU EMPLOYEE SUGGESTION PROGRAM:
- Gives you the opportunity to help your University improve its operations and provide better services.
- It enables you to receive personal recognition for your constructive thinking either by an honorary or cash award.
IDEAS SPARK PROGRESS! KEEP YOUR IDEAS COMING!
READ THIS INFORMATION BEFORE PREPARING YOUR SUGGESTION
Disclosure of the information is voluntary; however, failure to fully complete the form will make it impossible for Human Resources to process the suggestion. The information provided by you will be used to facilitate the processing of the suggestion. At the discretion of the Suggestion Coordinator, your suggestion may be referred for evaluation.
SUGGESTION: A suggestion is a constructive idea which, when implemented, improves CSU operations and services. It may be a new idea or a new application of an old idea. It may pertain to any phase of CSU operation. It should provide a practical solution to the problem it identifies.
NON-SUGGESTIONS: The following proposals are not considered suggestions and are not processed through the Suggestion Program:
- Those suggesting minor improvements in working conditions that ordinarily can be corrected through normal or customary action.
- Those which are personal complaints or grievances.
- Those which are considered part of your job function.
PREPARATION: Better suggestions result from careful preparation. You may ask your supervisor for advice and assistance. He or she will help you develop and perfect your idea for submission. Both the quality and adoption rates of suggestions increase when the supervisor provides assistance and guidance.
SUBMISSION: You must submit your suggestion in writing using this form in order to qualify for any formal recognition or award under the Suggestion Program.
REJECTED SUGGESTIONS: If your suggestion is rejected, you may request reconsideration within 90 days. Such a request must be based on new information that you provide.