The Driver’s Obligations
The following conditions apply to all drivers who use State and University vehicles. Each driver must:
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Use university vehicles for official university business only.
- Complete all proper forms for use of the vehicle, including any departmental log for off-campus trips, recording number of miles driven and business purpose.
- Wear seat belts when driving or occupying a university vehicle.
- Operate a university vehicle in accordance with university regulations and applicable state laws.
- Assume responsibility for any and all fines or traffic violations associated with your use of a university vehicle.
- Never drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Never transport passengers such as hitchhikers, family members or friends for unauthorized use.
- Turn the vehicle ignition off, remove the keys, and lock the vehicle when left unattended.
- Never drive the vehicle at speeds that are inappropriate for road conditions.
- Never drive the vehicle "off road" unless an exception has been granted.
- Report all accidents as required.
- Never carry a lighted cigar, pipe, cigarette, or other device used for smoking tobacco in the vehicle.
- No Texting when driving.
- Bring the car back to the Simpson parking lot.