Tenets and Core Values
In tandem with progressive academic achievement, the University has an ongoing commitment to embody the tenets of Service…Protocol…Civility®. Students, faculty, and staff provide service to the institution and communities for the greater good; are guided by protocol and adherence to best practices in order to gain desired results; and actively demonstrate civility with the understanding that respect for each voice is essential to a learned society. The University also promotes the core values of honesty, hard work, caring, and excellence.
Central State University is dedicated to:
- Providing a culturally enriched learning environment by offering programs with multicultural and global perspectives;
- Stimulating intellectual curiosity for continuous search for knowledge;
- Teaching students to think critically and communicate effectively;
- Maintaining an environment of excellence through innovative teaching, service, and research;
- Developing an environment where students can aspire for excellence;
- Preparing students to address opportunities of a technologically oriented world;
- Serving populations from diverse backgrounds and experiences; and
- Collaborating with other educational institutions, business organizations and government agencies to enrich learning experiences and educational opportunities for students.