How to get started
Online Learning courses follow the same application and registration procedures as courses offered on campus. In the course catalog you will see the following letters after the section number, this is what defines the class as online, hybrid or web-enhanced.
Section number + the letter L, defines this course as fully online and no campus time is required. Example: EDU2265_90L
Section number + the letter H, defines this course is a HYBRID and the class time, is split usually evenly online and on campus. Instructor will provide the schedule. Example: EDU2265_07H
Section number + the letter W, defines this class as a class that uses Blackboard but meets on campus, specific days and times. Example: EDU2265_01W
SIX STEPS TO BECOMING AN ONLINE STUDENT:
- Apply to CSU. Allow five business days for your application to be processed. You will be notified by postal mail when you have been accepted.
- We recommend you see a CSU academic advisor before starting any course of study or academic program.
- Financial assistance is available.
- Take your English and Math placement tests.
- Register for Online Learning courses the same way as for any traditional classroom course offered at CSU. Click on the CRN associated with the course for specific information about the course.
- Get signed up for the Blackboard orientation course, buy your books, and log in to your class, when it becomes available.
Online Learning courses follow the same timelines as on-campus courses. Your instructor will issue a syllabus with course assignments and deadlines.
Transfer or Transient Students
Students from other colleges and universities can take CSU online courses.
WHAT IS BLACKBOARD?
Blackboard is the course management system used for your online learning experience.
After you enroll in an online course, you will be enrolled in the Blackboard systems automatically, no need to self-enroll. Your professor may require you to complete the Blackboard online orientation course or you may request to be enrolled, if you are new to using Blackboard.