Dr. Kaye Manson Jeter
Central State University has been providing higher education to the residents of Ohio for over 125 years, and we have had an academic presence in the Dayton community since 1973. I am pleased to share with you what we are doing today to advance educational opportunity in the Dayton metropolitan area.
We are committed to contributing to the success of the region by providing an excellent and affordable higher education. Our move to 840 Germantown Street near downtown Dayton has provided a permanent, conveniently located home for Central State University-Dayton, enabling us to expand course offerings and better serve the Dayton region.
We offer an excellent academic program designed to help area residents respond to the state’s economic challenges through educational development. To provide access to higher education and beyond we are:
- Offering courses leading to selected baccalaureate degrees
- Teaching more courses in degree related areas
- Increasing access by offering distance education
- Partnering with Sinclair Community College to enable the seamless transfer of credits toward a four-year degree
- Increasing the number of general education and elective course offerings
- Diversifying class starting times
- Creating opportunities for student seminars with a focus on personal and intellectual development along with career counseling and internship opportunities
- Strengthening our engagement with the local community
The supportive academic environment at Central State University-Dayton encourages student success. It also incorporates the core values of Central State University—honesty, hard work, caring, and excellence.
I invite you to join us and catch the educational excitement happening at Central State University-Dayton.
Kaye Manson Jeter, Ph. D., J.D.
Dean, Central State University-Dayton