Fall 2014 U.S. Department of State Student Internships
The U.S. Department of State Student Internship is an unpaid, intensive internship; offering U.S. citizen undergraduate and graduate students a chance to participate in the formulation and implementation of U.S. foreign policy, working closely with representatives of the U.S. Department of State’s Foreign and Civil Services. The program is both professionally and academically beneficial, providing participants with hands-on experience and insight into the substance and daily operations of U.S. foreign policy.
To qualify you must:
• Be a United States citizen
• Be at least 16 years old
• Have at least a 2.5 GPA
• Be pursuing a baccalaureate or graduate degree.
• Be a college junior, senior, or graduate student. —You are considered a college junior if you will be starting your junior year immediately following the completion of your internship.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university on at least a half-time basis.
• Must be a continuing student—This means that you will be returning to your course of study the semester/quarter, immediately following the completion of your internship.
• Be able to receive and maintain a security clearance.
If qualifications are met click the listed link to apply: