Welcome to the Science Fair 2014
Welcome to the Miami Valley Science and Engineering Fair and West District Science Day
Beacom/Lewis and Walker Gymnasiums
Central State University
1400 Brush Row Road
Wilberforce, OH 45384
Saturday, March 22, 2014
FINAL DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION: Postmarked by 5:00 PM, Friday March 7, 2014
This deadline allows time to process paperwork prior to the day of the event. If your science fair is after this date, please have your teacher inform the West District Science Day Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. After this time, the participant's name may not be in the program or sent to the special awards judges.
Central State University is proud to host the West District Science Day and Miami Valley Science and Engineering Fair. The West District Science Day is for grades 5-12. This district science day is the largest in Ohio and is affiliated with the Ohio Academy of Science and INTEL Science and Engineering Fair. Over 500 5th-12th graders participate every year from over 180 public and private schools who are evaluated by approximately 150 judges. Since Central State University started hosting this event, 5,240 students have participated.
While each student pays an entry fee, it does not offset the cost of the West District Science Day and Miami Valley Science and Engineering Fair. To continue to offer this educational event, please consider donating. For a current and past list of sponsors and the donation form please click here.
SPECIAL AWARD SPONSORS:
There are many local and national businesses and associations that sponsor awards for students with outstanding projects. These awards help show students that their work is appreciated. Please click here for a current and past list of sponsors, and if you would like more information on how to sponsor an award.
Entry fee is $30.00 per person for West District Science Day.
Deadline for entries is Friday, March 7.
If your local or county fair is after this date, the fair director or teacher should contact MVSEF office at email@example.com to make alternate arrangements. To be eligible to participate in the DISTRICT LEVEL Science Day, you must be in grades 5-12 and received a superior rating at a local (or county, if available) Science Day.
All participating SCIENCE DAY STUDENTS, GRADES 5 - 12, MUST complete the following:
- Registration Form, Abstract Page for Judging, Release Form found at Registration.
- ISEF Research Plan (1)A and Approval Form (1B) – found at The Rules Wizard If your project involves human subjects, animals or bacteria, you may have to fill out additional forms. This check sheet will guide you.
- All participating students must follow the DISPLAY AND SAFETY REGULATIONS, in The Ohio Academy of Science - Science Day Standards http://www.ohiosci.org/sds.htm
- All West District Science Day Students who receive SUPERIOR and EXCELLENT ratings may be eligible for special awards. Students must be present at the awards ceremony to receive special awards.
- Team projects consisting of 2-3 students, will be accepted at West District Science Day, provided the team has been judged SUPERIOR at Local or County Science Days. Registration fee is $30.00 for EACH team member.
- Two students from the Miami Valley Science and Engineering Fair will be selected to participate in the International Science and Engineering Fair in May.