Military Services Support Center
U.S. veterans, spouses, and dependents, welcome to the Central State University community! The Military Services Support Center at CSU Dayton is designed to be a safe place for Active and Veteran service members and your families.
Veterans Education Program
Whether you have transitioned out of the military, are still serving, or are a military dependent, Central State University is dedicated to accompanying your every step to meet your educational goals. In tandem with the Tom Joyner Foundation, Central State University has implemented a comprehensive Veterans Education Program (VEP) to meet your every need.
As a veteran, you have given your all to our country. Now, let Central State University located in Wilberforce, Ohio, give you the assistance you will need in getting started with college and achieving a four-year degree.
The office serves as a liaison between enrolled veterans and dependent students of veterans and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. The staff of the Veterans Education Program is available to answer questions concerning veteran educational benefits, assist in certifying enrollments with the Department of Veterans Affairs, and monitor students’ degree plans and academic progress.
The Veteran Education Program serves as a single point of contact for
- admissions assistance
- academic assistance
- education benefits counseling
- financial aid and Veteran Services
- community outreach
- career services
We are are honored to be able to provide the following:
- Referrals to area agencies and organizations
- Meeting space for small groups (2-5 people)
- One-on-one assitance
- Safe place to gather and relax
- Benefits resource library
- Quarterly events and speakers
- Volunteer opportunites at our site
The following types of students are eligible to claim Veteran Services benefits:
- Active duty personnel (Chapter 30 Active Duty)
- Veterans (Chapter 30, Chapter 33)
- Veterans on the VA Vocational Rehabilitation Program (Chapter 31)
- National Guard and Reserves Personnel (Chapter 1606 and 1607)
- Individuals eligible to receive benefits under the Survivors and Dependents Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
To assist veterans in pursuing their educational, professional, or vocational objectives.